Friday, July 15, 2011

Breakfast at Kopitan Restaurant

It took me a while to figure out why would this place be named Kopitan, which I think is due to the fact that the name itself is catchy and the name Kapitan has already been used for a nearby indian restaurant.
It was on a Sunday morning, where we decided to take a turn instead from our usual breakfast of having dim sum. Upon arriving to the district where banks in Penang first resided, this particular restaurant was preeminent out of the white facade of refurbished buildings, which I later learned as Logan Heritage.






This vey landscape of Beach Street was found decorating on the wall of the restaurant.



 This place had a very familiar impression despite my first time here which I think shared similarities with franchise restaurants like Old Town or Pappa Rich, offering local delicacies like toast bread, soft-boiled eggs and also simple western cuisine.


This is a very common drink that I used to order in coffee shops, Cincau (leong fan) with Soy Milk.   - 7.0






This is the Coffee Mix Tea (kopi cham). Now, this was probably the one thing that could just rightfully make me return to this place. Unlike the white coffee I ordered earlier, this one was a little bit more on the sweeter side, and this cup of tea (mix) was undeniably my cup of tea. Everything was just nice, the warmness, the layers of fresh bubbles, and the mixture of coffee and tea with a foamy sensation was a jolly good way to start the day.   - 8.5


And moving on to the food, this Chicken Chop Rice with Mushroom Sauce was average and just enough to fill your stomach, but it's still not to my liking to have rice for breakfast.   - 7.0


This bowl of Tomyam Noodles did gave a promising first impression, however the taste did not follow. The soup wasn't flavoursome enough and the maggi noodles weren't even up to the standard of my maggi cup I used to eat at home. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not criticizing, but rather I'm just merely commenting :)   - 5.5


However, the Kaya Butter Toast was not disappointing at all, in fact I thought it tasted slightly better than my favourite similar order from Old Town. The bread had a little crisp and softness which was very indulging and tasty, and heck no, two pieces just wasn't enough.   - 8.5


It seemed like the previous bread was a little swagger with substance, then what about this plate of Tuna Cheese Toast ? No doubt this baked and toasted bread stuffed with cheese and tune atop was good. I especially like the softness of the bread, where each time you bite down, it felt so easy and hollow.  - 8.0


Prices .
White Coffee - RM 2.80
Coffee Mix Tea - RM 2.80
Chicken Chop Rice with Mushroom Sauce - RM 8.90
Kaya Butter Toast - RM 3.20
Tuna Cheese Toast - RM 6.50


Bonus . 
4A/B Logan Heritage,
Beach Street,
10200 George Town,
Penang.

View Kopitan Restaurant in a larger map

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
back to top